Sunday, August 16, 2009

New Hats at Silver Spoon Scraps







As an artist you always love creating new things. I must create each and every day, it is like air to me. Often once you start a creative business you get in a rut when you must remake the same designs for clients. I put this up there when singers complain of performing the same song 1,000's of times. Though I am not a rock star I can feel their pain! I know what is like to make a masterpiece, to put all your juice into it- you think it's over but no. The life of this masterpiece has just begun, in fact it takes a life of its own. When stores call me up and want x amount of a certain design I am happy- Hey it's a recession and I have a job I love but at the same time my creative self shutters a bit that I don't get to let loose and do something new. I am finishing up a few wholesale orders right now and you can bet my internal artist clock is counting down to start fresh and put my mark on something new. I am dreaming of whimsical Halloween designs ( don't tell anyone but today I sneaked in some time and made a few spooky charms). For now I will share some new Hats, happy creating.

4 comments:

Jennifer Hayslip said...

Awww...your hats are always sooo SWEET!!!! I know how you must feel about being in a rut. It's nice and rewarding to have people WANT your product, but when you make the same thing over and over it kinda takes the creative challange out of everything. I cant WAIT to see what your cookin' up for Halloween! Hugs! XO,Jenn

Anonymous said...

Hey chickadee! Cute cute cute! Those hats are precious!! Dont give up and go through that challange! If your known for that be happy and do it because you rock at it girlie!! I just cant wait to see those Halloween things your stirrin up! hehe Big hugs

toodles-
Sarah

Come by and visit me sometime!!

Unknown said...

I just came upon your blog and love your hats! They are so colorful and fun.
Linda

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie said...

Beautiful sweet hats.I just love them.XXOO Marie Antionette
PS,If you get a chance,drop by.I'm have a givaway.