Sunday, November 29, 2009

Christmas Goodies

I love this time of year, you can smell hope and cookies in the air. Anywhere with family and friends is the perfect place to be. I took some time over the weekend to invite a few of my kiddos neighborhood friends over to make faux gingerbread houses with graham crackers! This is a fun activity and with kids you can't go wrong with icing, cookies, candy. I started by gluing together some boxes I had, tweaking them a bit to form a house shape. From there you gather up graham crackers to be used as the gingerbread, icing for glue and any candy you can find to decorate with. I also whipped up some simple punch and sugar cookies for them to snack on, house building can be exhausting! Everyone had fun, even the hubs got in on a little houe making and whipped up one with the kids. After all the candy was either on the houses or in their bellies it was time to call it a day and I made a few projects of my own.



I started working on a Christmas wreath made from ooodles of white tulle and dug in my vintage Christmas stash to find goodies like mercury ornaments in pink, silver, glitter bells and I couldn't resist adding in tons of vintage millinery leaves in various shades of pinks! To top off the wreath I took an old Sweetheart doll and whipped her up an oufit from vintage shimmer tulle, gave her some pink feather wings and I was in love! I do have her on the site to purchase though it will be hard to let her go! I love being knee deep in holiday projects from glitter to baking nothing makes me feel more warm inside than sharing and crafting alongside my children. More holiday goodies to come! I am thinking Christmas giveaway........






























3 comments:

Jennifer Hayslip said...

Oh my heavens Sita!!! I looooove your girlie froofy tulle wreath! Sooo pretty!!! Your children are just adorable and they look like they are having a ball making a gingerbread house. :) Happy Holidays! XO,Jenn

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie said...

Oh what sweet children ,just a working on thier treasure.Those cookies I could go for right now....LOL. I don't bake.I can cook a good old southern meal,but baking eludes me.
Your wreath is devine Dear.Just beautiful.
I want to wish you the Merriest of Christmases to you and your family.
XXOO Marie Antionette

Tina Mitchell said...

what a fun fun blog!love the shabby chic stuff! here is me and what i do
http://tinytinacreations.blogspot.com